I just heard a fact this morning that 50% of people have already given up on their new year's resolutions. Let's see how I am doing at working towards my goals for the year. I am only going to update y'all on the goals I have been doing something with. Check out my 13 in '13 tab to see what all my goals are for the year.
#1: Save $: This was on my goal list last year and I succeeded. 10% of each paycheck will be put into savings every month. Plus at least half of whatever is left in my checking at the end of the month.
- Just did it! With online banking there really is no reason not to do this.
#2 Park in the garage:
- I have been working on this one for Resolutions in Motion. We are half way through the challenge, and while I have made a dent, I still have plenty to do.
#4 Read: My goal is 25 books for the year.
- I finished Notorious Nineteen. I just downloaded Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris. I'll let you know how it is.
#5 Exercise 12 hours a month.
- Nailed it. In January I worked out 15 hours (by the end of the day today!)
- My friend and I started the Couch to 5K. I did this a few years ago, and it really does work. I have also picked out a 5K in April that a couple people from work are going to do.
#7 Sew More
- I signed up for the Craftsy Block of the Month class to learn how to quilt. I haven't started it yet though.
#9 Reconnect with my girlfriends
- Running gives you time to chat :) I have been having so much fun seeing Kimberly and jogging with her again. I also have gotten to hang out with my best friend from high school a few times as well this month. Yay!
- Besides for the things I have gotten rid of from the garage, I have also gone through our DVD and book collections and got rid of a box of each. I also am trying the hanger trick I have seen on Pinterest. (turn the hangers backwards, and 6 months later, get rid of the stuff you haven't worn.) We will see how that works out. I also purged my underwear drawer. I took pictures of that, but I realized that would be a weird thing to post on the internet.
In one month I made progress on 8 of my 13 goals. None of them are complete yet, but two of them are ongoing.
How are you doing with your resolutions for the year?