Tuesday, January 1, 2013

13 in '13

I don't like resolutions. They are usually too big and too easy to fail at. Last year I made a list of goals for 2012. I think I made too many. And I kind of forgot about them. I wasn't going to do this, but I want to try it again. Keep me accountable??

Cute huh? Free clipart+PicMonkey= Cute little graphic
P.S. Snakes are not my favorite. But, it is the year of the snake.
  1. Save $: This was on my goal list last year and I succeeded. 10% of each paycheck will be put into savings every month. Plus at least half of whatever is left in my checking at the end of the month.
  2. Park in the garage: To do that, I will need to clean out the garage
  3. Sell Mom's house: Being an executor of an estate sucks. The sooner we sell this bad boy, the sooner I am done.
  4. Read: Last year I set a goal of 12 books. I read all 18 of the Janet Evanovich books by the end of spring break I think. This year I will go with 25.
  5. Exercise: Bottom line, I feel better physically and emotionally when I am working out regularly. I will say at least 12 hours a month.
  6. Run: Yes, it goes along with exercise, but I have never felt better about myself than when I was training for the marathon. I'm not saying I am doing another marathon, but I have to get back into the swing of things.
  7. Sew More: I think I am going to try the Craftsy Block of the Month to try to learn how to quilt. I'd also like to sew something I can wear.
  8. Volunteer:  Every volunteer activity I have done has been so positive for me. Why not make it a priority?
  9. Reconnect: I want to make it a point to reconnect with my girlfriends. I can go for weeks at a time without hanging out with anyone (outside of work) other than my husband. While I love him, I need to make sure that I am having some girl time.
  10. Purge: I have got to get rid of some stuff. This goes along with the garage, but the inside of the house has plenty of stuff in it too. Clothes, extra kitchen stuff, house decor etc. 
  11. Can: I really want to learn how to do actually canning. I've done freezer jam and pickled jalapenos in the fridge, but I want to use a water bath. 
  12. Travel: Take a vacation and explore 3 new places in Oregon.
  13. Paint: Our bedroom still has the stencils in it from when we moved in. Yuck. The hall needs to be repainted as well.
How about you? Any goals for the year?

8 comments:

Jen said...

I love your first goal! We do the same thing with every paycheck.

Angi said...

If you learn to can - you should post a tutorial. And recipes. I want to learn, too. ;)

Alyx said...

Re: purging - every season I go through my closet at the start. I take anything that I didn't wear during the season that just ended and put it in a pile. I take anything for the next season that I forgot I had and put it in another pile. I take the first pile and donate it. The second pile is my "watch list." If I don't wear any of the watch list clothes in the next season, it gets donated. It has worked wonders as far as de-cluttering.

Helene said...

these are great!! mine are to just to live in the real moments as much as I can and be healthy!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Great list!

I'm interested in canning...I was tempted to put it on my goal list for this year but I didn't want to push it.

Alison said...

Canning is wonderful and easy (for most things) - you should definitely try it.

I let myself go these past few weeks with running. I feel awful now. I totally agree with you because when I was running I felt great and empowered! Now.. I feel fat and lazy. Yuck.

Good goals! :)

Becky Dougherty said...

I think these sound great! What I love most is that these are goals for things that you would like to do instead of things that are impossible to attain like most Nee Year's resolutions! Good luck! :)

Katie said...

so many good goals! I still should make some!