Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Update

I just heard a fact this morning that 50% of people have already given up on their new year's resolutions. Let's see how I am doing at working towards my goals for the year. I am only going to update y'all on the goals I have been doing something with. Check out my 13 in '13 tab to see what all my goals are for the year.

#1: Save $: This was on my goal list last year and I succeeded. 10% of each paycheck will be put into savings every month. Plus at least half of whatever is left in my checking at the end of the month.
  • Just did it! With online banking there really is no reason not to do this.

#2 Park in the garage: 
  • I have been working on this one for Resolutions in Motion. We are half way through the challenge, and while I have made a dent, I still have plenty to do.

#4 Read: My goal is 25 books for the year.
  • I finished Notorious Nineteen. I just downloaded Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris. I'll let you know how it is. 

#5 Exercise 12 hours a month.
  • Nailed it. In January I worked out 15 hours (by the end of the day today!)

#6 Run
  • My friend and I started the Couch to 5K. I did this a few years ago, and it really does work. I have also picked out a 5K in April that a couple people from work are going to do.

#7 Sew More
  • I signed up for the Craftsy Block of the Month class to learn how to quilt. I haven't started it yet though.

#9 Reconnect with my girlfriends
  • Running gives you time to chat :) I have been having so much fun seeing Kimberly and jogging with her again. I also have gotten to hang out with my best friend from high school a few times as well this month. Yay!

#10 Purge
  • Besides for the things I have gotten rid of from the garage, I have also gone through our DVD and book collections and got rid of a box of each. I also am trying the hanger trick I have seen on Pinterest. (turn the hangers backwards, and 6 months later, get rid of the stuff you haven't worn.) We will see how that works out. I also purged my underwear drawer. I took pictures of that, but I realized that would be a weird thing to post on the internet. 

In one month I made progress on 8 of my 13 goals. None of them are complete yet, but two of them are ongoing. 

How are you doing with your resolutions for the year?


5 comments:

Erika said...

What?! No underwear drawer pictures? I'm kind of hurt by your unwillingness to share EVERYTHING with the blogosphere. :) But seriously- way to go on the resolutions!!

Angi said...

Wow, you're doing awesome on your resolutions!!!

I think purging my underwear drawer is one of my favorite things to do. Although I hate spending money on new underwear...so I guess it's more of a love-hate thing.

Jen said...

You are a rock star with your resolutions!! Especially the working out part. :)

Becky Dougherty said...

Wow. That's awesome progress! I'm very impressed! :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

You're doing great!