Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Love Story

It's that time of year! While I haven't had the best Valentine's Days in the past, I still think it is important to celebrate love. A few of the blogs I read have linked up to Mrs. to Mama's Valentine's Day Link up, and I thought I would join and share our love story.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

Our first date was on the last Leap Day, so almost 4 years now.
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
One word: Myspace. I blogged about it here.
3. If married, how long have you been married?
We have got married June 26, 2010.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married on his grandparent's farm, where his dad grew up at. He has a HUGE family, so it was larger than anything I would have imagined but perfect!


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
Sweet Baby or Bear
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is level headed and practical, but still can be goofy and silly.
He is so supportive of me, even traipsing around down town Portland in the rain for 6 hours while I ran a marathon.
He is protective. He will call me while I am driving to work if he hears sirens to make sure I am safe. 7. Tell us how he proposed? We were staying on the Oregon Coast for the week. We decided to go out to dinner and then have a campfire/smores on the beach. He got down on one knee in front of the fire. We had talked about marriage but hadn't looked at rings or anything like that. He used a pink plastic heart ring to propose with so that I could pick out my own later and it would still be a big surprise.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
We have never had the most traditional of Valentine's Days. Our 3 Valentine's Days together have consisted of a cheerleading competition, moving into our house, and me recovering from surgery. He did get me flowers last year after surgery.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Clearly, we love the beach, BUT I'm also kind of a hermit. Both are great.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Oh gosh, do I have a list. Where do I begin? I'd love to travel with him.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
V-Day is a Tuesday, so we both are working. We will probably go out this weekend, and I think I have him convinced to go see The Vow with me.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
He is actually really good at gift giving, so I will be excited with anything he decides to give me :)
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Be willing to learn from and about your partner. I continue to learn things about the Mister and I have learned to embrace his qualities that are so different from mine.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

What's your love story?

No comments: