Friday, August 19, 2011

Top 5 Friday

I've seen Top 5 Friday around the interwebs, so I guess I'll give it a shot :) Next week is the last week of summer break before I go back to work. Well, I guess this week is the last full week, since we have meetings on Monday and Tuesday, but there are still 5 open days after that (Weds-Sunday) + this weekend. So for my very first Top 5 Friday, I dust off my summer to do list and pick what I really NEED to get done.

Top 5 Things I Want to Accomplish This Week
1. Paint the hall- When the Mister and I got back from Kauai I decided I was sick of looking at the country stencils all over the house, and finally chose paint colors. I completed the living room in two days. The kitchen paint took longer... week and a half ish. (I took a lot of breaks.) I have a gallon of Manhattan Mist that has been sitting in the garage far about a month, so it's time to get-r-done.

2. Finish my new jewelry holder- I was inspired by this post on Better After. I have it started on the deck now. My first How To post perhaps?

3. Organize the Christmas Decorations- Yes, it is August. This may seem like a weird thing to have on my Top 5 now but let me explain. This summer we finally started to clear out our garage and after two large trips to the Goodwill drop off and filling our garbage can AND recycling bin to the brim we were tired. I told the Mister I wanted to go through and get rid of a bunch of the holiday stuff and to organize it. That was about a month ago. (During the same time that I bought the paint for the inside.) The Mister brings it up every few days. I'd like to get it done while he's at work one of these days.

4. Homemade Mac and cheese- When I mentioned I wanted to try to make this to the Mister, he said "I want shells." So I looked up some recipes, went to the grocery store, bought the needed things and now it's time to get on it.

5. Read The Help- Everyone and their mom is reading it right now. I hear about it everywhere. A woman in Costco actually told me it was the best book she ever read. I really don't read much during the school year, and I think this book deserves some attention.

Do you set any weekly goals?

No comments: