Thursday, August 18, 2011

1 Year Since I Do...

We got married in June 2010. It has been a year filled with ups and downs. Like really low downs. Those had nothing to do with the Mister or being married by the way. Looking back, it wasn't a great year. I wish I could say it was it was all unicorns and glitter but I can't. This will also be pretty one-sided. I am the one who is blogging.

June 2010: We became Mister and Mrs. on the 26th. On the 29th I was back in classes working on my grad program. The Mister was back at work.

July- I was still in class, the Mister was still at work. I was also training for my first (and only!) marathon. Yup. That was July 2010.

August- We finally go on our honeymoon! Yeah! We spent a week in San Diego with a quick trip up to Disney. Lots of time at the beach :) We also learned some lessons about travel and how we like to do it (or me specifically)  At the end of August it was time for cheerleading and work to start for me.

September- I ran the Women's Half Marathon in Eugene with Kimberly. Fun, but we didn't get medals. Boo. School starts. This year I am on a cart after 3 years of having my own classroom. This is a hard transition for me. The school year ended on a sour note, and coming back the morale is low in the building. Boo.

October- I completed my first (and only!) marathon, the Portland Marathon on 10-10-10. It was a rush of emotions. I didn't get the time I wanted, but it was by far the hardest thing I have ever done. 6 hours in the rain and cold is no fun. Actually I liked the first 13 miles, second half I could do with out. On the way up to Portland I received a message the my uncle was in the hospital and had been diagnosed with the same cancer my dad had. I decided I would call the day after the race. Then I get a call the day of the race that he had passed away. Shocking. Heartbroken. I am happy he was able to come down to the wedding, but guilty I didn't spend more time with him. My mom and I fly down to Southern California for the memorial service.

November- I decide to quit coaching cheerleading. This has not been a fun year, many of my girls are brats and their parents are even worse. Then I decide I will finish out the year. Then I get fired from it. Boo. We spend Thanksgiving with the Coleman's, which was, as usual, delightful.

December- Our first married Christmas! We decorate, buy presents etc. We spend Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas morning by ourselves. Then we drive over to the Mister's parents and then uncles place for two more celebrations, including BINGO and a cake walk.

January- After months of yuckiness at work, the state releases the budget for the next school year. This is not good. Now we all are waiting to hear if we have a job or not, and where it might be.

February- I have a minor surgery on my wrist that was a pretty rough recovery. Our first married Valentine's day is laid back. I am still recovering from surgery.

March- I can't think of much that happened here. Lucy is really good about writing things down on a calendar so she knows everything that has happened and when it did. I should be better at that. I do know that during spring break-ish time the Mister and I went to the coast during a huge wind storm. Much needed fun.

April- Last term of grad school starts!!! Yippie! One class is a doozie, but I knew that going into it. The other class is the final in a series of three classes that is my ending project. I am just about finished with that project so I'm not too worried about it.

May- Time to worry. My project is returned to me with MAJOR revisions. Pretty much I am asked to rewrite a huge chunk of it. This is not what I had in mind. More bad news. My Grandma dies. This is rough, but not completely unexpected. She was 91, and had fallen in early spring. The Mister and I fly down to Southern California for the memorial over Mother's Day weekend. This was much harder then I had expected. It had been 10 years since I had been in her house, and not much had changed, but everything is different.

June- My project is completed and approved so I get to graduate! You may now call me "Master." Things are looking good for me on the job front, although there has been major shakeups in the building. It is a tough way to end the year, but I am thankful for my job. I even found out that I am off the cart next year and get a room, albeit in the portables outside. The Mister and I decide to take Gus Dog to Newport with us to celebrate our first anniversary.

The rest of the summer- In July, The Mister and I go to Kauai, which was Uh.Maze.Ing. When we get back I decide to get my booty into gear and do some painting in our house to FINALLY cover up some of the stencils we moved into (2 1/2 years ago). So far year 2 is good :)

No comments: