Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Adventures #7ish

Does any one else feel like their weekends break down like this: Friday night is for decompressing from the work week, Saturday is fun day and Sunday is spent preparing for the next week? That's pretty much how my weekend was. If I don't plan out events or something, I end up kind of feeling like I wasted my weekend. I guess that's just how it works out sometimes. And I needed that rest on Friday night. I completely forgot how exhausting teaching is! Friday night I was asleep by 8:30. Yeah, I live an exciting life.

Saturday, the Mister and I went to one of the largest Renaissance Fairs in the area. For those of you who are regular readers, yes, this is the second Ren. fair we have gone to this summer. No, we don't dress up. Or talk in the jargon, with the exception of yelling "huzzah!" during the joust.
Our knight for the joust. 

Giant rocking horses. I wish I would have taken a ride on one.
You know, just guys in metal armor hitting each other with swords.
This festival was pretty fun. There were tons of booths set up and people were selling some pretty cool things. While the Mister was busy looking at swords (because every house needs one) I was thisclose to buying a handmade puzzle ring like this one. I'm actually kind of bummed I didn't get it.
Puzzle Rings 4WSL
You can buy this one here
There were tons of food. I ended up with a hummus, tabouli, chicken combo plate with pita bread. The mister had some lamb and rice as well as some sausage. I really wanted some caramel corn, but I was stuffed after my lunch.

Sunday was a pretty laid back day. The Mister grilled up some chicken, and we made extra so I can do stuff with the chicken meat later in the week. This blog post has a ton of ideas for left over chicken. The chicken enchilada pasta and the chicken/veggie lasagna are both interesting to me. I'll let you know what we end up with!
I also took a cue from Pinterest and made a dozen breakfast burritos for the freezer. I used this post to help guide my cooking, but my burritos had eggs, potatoes, turkey sausage, sauteed onions/mushrooms and cheese (duh!). I am still really new to freezer cooking, so we'll see how these turn out. I have always been bad about eating breakfast in the morning, so hopefully these will help.

Then, because I still had a hankering for some caramel corn, I made some up and made baggies for the rest of the week :)

How was your weekend? Do you feel like your weekends are just trying to get caught up and ready for work?


1 comment:

Katie said...

I totally agree with you! I'm so tired Friday night and then by late Sunday afternoon I feel like the weekend is over and I'm sad! I need to be better at that! what a cool ring!