1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started this little blog about 10 months ago. I had been reading blogs for quite awhile and decided to give it a go. I really enjoy having a place to write about our daily stuff, as well as the fun projects and yummy recipes I try. It's been fun getting to know other bloggers and being apart of this community.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I did both my undergrad and graduate programs at Western Oregon University. My BA is in Health and PE Education, and my Masters is in Health Education.
3. Where have you traveled?
1. In 2004, I spent 2 weeks visiting my BFF in Guatemala when she was in the Peace Corps. 2. Then in 2006, I flew to Germany during the World Cup. (I also went to Amsterdam and Belgium while I was over there) 3. The Mister's family brought his family to Disney World about a year after we started dating. It was such a fun family vacation. 4. Last summer (and in less than a month!) we were in Kauai.
I spent a summer in Maine as a camp counselor. The Mister and I have also been to California a few times since we have been together.
The Mister and I have played the lottery exactly one time. That was when the jackpot was something like $650 billion. We talked a lot about what we would do. Our main answers: pay off the house/my school loans, donate a ton to my school, take my mom on a vacation, take ourselves on a fancy vacation, quit our jobs, give our house to a family we know and then buy a better house in a better fancier place. Then we didn't even match one number on our lottery ticket and we pouted.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
People smoking around me, people texting when we are hanging out, and bad drivers (you know, other than me)
6. What is your favorite movie?
The Mister makes fun of my movie choices all the time. Apparently I really like only "semi-good" movies. Some of my top choices are:
I am NOT a wine drinker, but I really enjoy craft beers. I like going beer tasting the way some people go wine tasting. I also really like cold water and Diet Coke, with lime.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Sewing, cooking, reading. I must be 83.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
um, Target. Is this a real question?
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I try not to let too many things bother me now, I mean I teach middle school. The most recent thing was during my first year teaching at my current school. The band was selling these long beef jerky sticks and an 8th grade boy had one through his belt loop. I remember yelling out in class, "Tobias, get the beef stick out of your pants." So much laughing. From everyone.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
Our wedding. Any day in Kauai.
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
My life is pretty mundane, so it would be a pretty boring movie. But obviously Reese Witherspoon would play me.
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
My first job was selling fancy kids clothes at the mall. Then I moved on to work at Spencer Gifts for two years. Before college I was a waitress at a Mongolian Buffet (which I loved.) During college I was an RA and then I worked at Target for a couple years before I started teaching.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
I would love to, but I honestly don't have any digital pictures from back in the day. I should actually scan some so that I have a copy in case something terrible happens (like a fire or flood or Zombies) Here is one of the oldest I have. Its from Guatemala, which is 8 years ago.
|I'm making tortillas.|
I'd love to go to Spain. Or Paris. Or take out a globe, spin it and point. That sounds like a good place.
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
Us at the beach a couple weeks ago.
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Happy. With a little or two. (Depending on how the first one goes...) Teaching. Maybe in a different school? Living somewhere in the valley. Maybe here? Maybe in a bigger house?
So, what do I need to know about you?