Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow Day!

I love snow. Maybe its because I am a teacher, maybe its because I am still a kid at heart. What ever the reason, I still get so excited when I wake up in the morning and run to the window and see the big fat flakes coming down.  Living here in the Willamette Valley, we usually get one snow "storm" a winter. I really do use the term storm lightly, as an inch and a half of snow shuts down the county. I realize in some parts of the country that is a laughable amount, but that's how we roll. I always get a kick out of the names the local news calls our storms "Arctic Blast 2011" "Christmas Freeze 2010" etc, as they go on non-stop breaking news coverage.

Much to my delight, yesterday morning the flakes were coming down. With about an 2 inches covering the field, the Mister and I took Gus out to play fetch, his most favorite thing in the world.




By noon, the roads had cleared up. But when I woke up this morning, more snow had fallen. If it wasn't a holiday, I probably wouldn't have to go to work. Today is the perfect day for some crafting.

 It's supposed to warm up a bit later today, so my guess I will be at work, on time, tomorrow.

No comments: