Friday, September 2, 2011

Top 5 Friday: Fair Edition!

It's State Fair Time! I love seeing the animals, the demonstrations, the artists and all the hand made goodies. BUT mostly I love the food! Here are my Top 5 Fair Foods!

1. Grilled Corn on the Cob
Yummy! This picture is almost making me drool right now. I usually only sprinkle a little season salt on it. So tasty! Bonus, its usually around $1 and NOT a billion calories!

2. Fresh Squeezed Lemonade:

So maybe it doesn't look this good from the fair, but can anything else taste like summer in a glass? So fresh and tangy, de-lish!

3. Ice Cream!!

This is a picture of where I will be standing in line for a kids cone at the Oregon Dairy Women's Red Barn. Me and like everyone else at the fair. There are other ice cream stands and frozen treats at the fair, but this one is by far my favorite!

4. Corn Dogs
Hee. The mustard face kills me. I don't usually go for a corn dog, but I've gotta craving right now for a hand dipped, freshly deep fried hot dog on a stick.

5. Elephant Ears

No, not these ones.

More like this! The only problem is that the size of these has gotten out of control! The Mister does not like elephant ears, and it is just too much for little old me. I had one at the St. Paul Rodeo in July and I ended up throwing part of it away. If I could find a kids sized elephant ear that would be perfect.

No comments: