Thursday, September 15, 2011

Recipe Thursday: Fish with Zesty Peach Salsa

Week 2 of my 30 before 30 challenge, and we have another recipe!

I love fish. I always have, and I don't understand when people say they don't like fish. I especially like fish on hot days. It is light and cooks quickly inside, or can be grilled outside. Its super healthy for you (you know, without the tartar sauce) and works with so many marinades and can be topped with so many yummy things. It's a high-protein blank canvas.
 I didn't change much up with this week's recipe, but here is the link to the original recipe so you can read the reviews :)

Fish with Zesty Peach Salsa
Marinade:

1/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 lime
Zest from 1 lime
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt



 2 cod fillets (The Mister wanted halibut, so did I, but the grocery stores were out)

Salsa:

2 cups chopped fresh peaches
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red chili pepper- seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
Juice from 1 lime 
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix the marinade in a bag.
*This tip is so cool. Take the blade out of the bottom of the blender and then put the Ziploc bag inside it as a stand. No more marinade spilling out. I didn't come up with this on my own, I found it on a blog somewhere awhile ago, but it has changed my life. Well, at least I don't spill marinade out of the bag onto the counter any more.*

Add the fish and let sit for two hours-ish in the fridge.

Then chop up all the salsa ingredients, put them in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge.

Cook the fish your favorite way. I baked it at 450 for 10ish minutes, but this would be good grilled or broiled too. Top with peach salsa and enjoy!

So, how was it?
Delish! The Mister and I both really liked it. I served it with couscous and sliced tomatoes and avocado (a staple around our house!)

The marinade would be good for chicken or shrimp and the peach salsa was soooo good! There is extra that will make its way to my mouth with some tortilla chips tomorrow!

Do you have any favorite marinades?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ummmmm YUM! That peach salsa is making my mouth water. Loving your blog!