Sunday, September 11, 2011

30 for 30: Sunday Update #1

I just taught a lesson on goal setting to my students, and one thing that I told them (and is totally true!) is that the more people you tell about your goal, the more likely it is you will accomplish it. In all honesty, I wasn't sure I was going to post my blog address on facebook. As the Mister said "a blog is your private thoughts." (He has still not looked at my blog. I think he looks at it like reading someone's diary.) But, when I decided to write my 30 for 30 list I knew I had to tell people about it, to keep me accountable and to get some support in my 16 week challenge. For the record, I am glad that I shared the address with my FB friends, and I hope you continue to read my thoughts on life and things!

In the spirit of honesty, I will say that I had already booked a trip to Vegas before I wrote the list AND I had already registered for a 1/2 marathon in December. BUT I'm leaving them on the list. I also put things on my daily "to do" lists that I have already done so I can cross them off. (I am not the only one, am I?)

That was a pretty long introduction! Now to the good stuff- what I have been up to!
#9 Cook a new recipe a week (1/16): Check out my Recipe Thursday post for how it turned out this week!
#10 Tell people about the blog/get followers: The word is out. I have one follower right now :) I am also making sure to comment on other blogs to maybe genreate some more hits
#11 Blog 4-6 posts a week: not too shabby this week I have 4. I missed My Top 5 Friday, but it will be back next week :)
#18 So something from Pinterest: I so wish this was "do 10 things from my Pinterest boards." This week's new recipe was from Pinterest and so is this little sign that I made for my classroom.

#28 Floss: Check! Nightly! The Mister thinks it's gross that I put this on my list. He said he would be embarrassed if people knew he didn't floss daily (He does. He has bugged me about flossing since we moved in together.) He also thinks I should floss in the morning too. I think thats weird. It's not like I ate anything in my sleep to get it caught in there.

Not too bad for Week 1!

Do you agree with The Mister? Should I be flossing in the morning AND at night??

No comments: