Thursday, February 5, 2015

Stuff and things I hate... and a funny classroom story :)

Things that I hate...
cutting into avocados.  Craig and I usually eat somewhere between 3-5 avocados a week. And every time I cut into one I am scared to death that it is going to be brown and gross inside.
doing my hair. I really dislike my hair. I know that we all want what we don't have, but I really wish I had straight boring hair. That way if I just dried it, it would be straight and "done." My hair, is wavy and not in a cute beachy way. Mostly in a frizzy out of control way. It probably doesn't help that I haven't had a hair cut that I love in a few years.
this artwork. It is in a fancy frame above my fireplace right now. Craig got it from his brother for Christmas. I'm trying to figure out when I can take it down. 
washing bottles. I have been pretty lucky  that nursing came pretty easy for Grace and I. But now that I am back to work, she has been drinking bottles of pumped milk while at day care. While I hate pumping at work, I think I hate washing her bottles more. No, pumping is worse. Or washing the pump parts. That also sucks. 

And now that I have complained... here is a story that is still making me chuckle. I was teaching about cylerbullying with my 8th graders and I mentioned how I think it would be so hard as a middle school student now with everyone always being connected to the internet and no real way to get away from bullies. Then this convo happened:
Boy: so you had to use like a flip phone?
Me: No, cell phones weren't really a thing. We just had house phones.
Boy: So like facebook was harder to get to?
Me: No, facebook wasn't a thing. The internet was really only in super rich people's houses then.
Boy: So you had to go to mcdonalds for the WiFi?
Me: WiFi wasn't a thing either. If you had a computer it was a desktop. And it was really only for writing papers.

Clearly I just blew his mind.
What things do you dislike???


Kristin's Knook

5 comments:

Jen said...

I don't enjoy doing my hair either, for some reason it really stresses me out.

Kristin said...

I hate drying my hair. I definitely don't "do" my hair, but blow drying it is 15 minutes each day I'll never get back.
Kids today and their lack of awareness is borderline annoying. I don't even try to relate anymore.

Erika said...

HAHAHAHA oh wow, poor kid...we basically grew up in Little House on the Prairie or something. And agree on washing bottles. It's exactly how I DON'T want to top off a long day of work...and I am so confused by that artwork...doesn't your husband have an office or garage or something he could put it in??! I would be filled with rage if it were on my mantel!!!

Angi said...

I hate my hair for the exact same reasons. It's thin and fine and wavy but not cute wavy. It used to be really curly when I was younger but I think age + years of straightening irons changed my hair texture. I haven't straightened it in almost a year and a half and it's still awful. I can't seem to get a good haircut either...who are these people that actually know how to cut hair??

That story is hilarious. I read it to Isaiah and then we talked for 20 minutes about how weird it is that our kids will have no concept of life without computers and the internet. I mean, when I was a teenager I thought that playing that old old old version of "Snake" on the computer was SOOOOO high tech!!!

Becky Dougherty said...

Hahaha! Kids think we're ancient! Isn't it crazy how far technology has come in such a short time??

I almost never "do" my hair. I never dry it. I twist It while it's in a low side pony and let it dry that way. In the morning, I seperate the twist a bit, and it's usually nicely arrange in loose curls. I'll use a curling iron to fix up weird pieces. Or I keep the only tail in. Or do a braid. I'm tired of static hair here.....