Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Dates

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas yesterday. We like to spread out the celebrations, so the Mister and I actually did our Christmas stuff together on the evening of the 22nd. The 23rd we drove up to Portland and hung out with my brother and his family. On Christmas Eve we headed to my in-laws for Christmas Eve dinner and some puzzle making. We spent the night and spent Christmas morning there. The Mister's Grandma made some AMAZING Mexican hot chocolate. Which I had a giant mugful after dinner and another in the morning.The Mister wasn't feeling great so we headed home around 1:00 and spent the rest of the day lounging around in our jammies. A perfect Christmas if you ask me. :) Oh yeah, did I mention that the Mister baked me cupcakes for my birthday? He was so cute to when he was doing it. I am pretty sure this is the first time he has ever baked anything.

Today I am heading out for my annual birthday lunch with the BFF. Bonus, she has a babysitter :) I also have some returns to do. I actually love returning gifts. Is that weird? The Mister thinks it is. I don't know why I like it, but I do.

I wanted to share one more Christmas tradition with you all (and to remember it for my future self). Every year that the Mister and I have been together, we have gone on a Christmas Date.

2008
We drove through a local neighborhood that goes all out for Christmas. They take donations for the food bank. For the life of me I cannot find any pictures.

2009
Our date this year was actually after Christmas. We flew down to Riverside, California for my Grandma's 90th birthday party. Her party was right next to the Mission Inn in Riverside, which is always one of the top 10 places in the US for Christmas light displays. It was awesome.

2010
We went and saw The Nutcracker together. I have always loved this ballet, and I loved seeing it again.


2011
Last year we stayed up in Portland and went and saw Zoolights at the Portland Zoo. It was cold. Like really cold. I think in the 20's or so.

2012
This year I was looking for something to do for our annual Christmas date, when Groupon stepped up. They had a 2 tickets to Magic at the Mill for just $4. Salem was an old wool mill that you can tour and is also used for events like weddings and such. They also do a huge light display. I don't know how long this has been going on, but for $4 we were in.
It was a pretty fun little evening :)

Do you have any Christmas date traditions?

1 comment:

Jen said...

How awesome!! :) I love that he made you cupcakes, what a good guy. :)