Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Midweek confessions


This weekend I FINALLY walked went to the library to return my seriously overdue books. Now I am too embarrassed to go check out the new Charlaine Harris book. I know I will get over it after the last day of school, but I feel like such a dummy when I have overdue fines. I have no clue how people can do things like not pay child support because I always feel guilty when I have any sort of late fee.

I really hate to admit this, but there are students that I am really glad I won't see again after next Wednesday. That's all I have to say about that.

My 8th grade students are all working on an end of the semester project, and it will take them until the end of the school year. It's an alphabet book based on what they have learned in health class. I am shocked  happy to announce that they are fully engaged and working super hard on it. So much so, that I have been grading, packing, checking blogs, and doing other end of the year stuff. 

The other day in my leadership class I got to rub chocolate frosting on two of my boys faces. These two boys are kind of a pain, and I enjoyed every second of it. 

I keep seeing things that I need to do around my house/yard, and I keep thinking "you will have so much time once school is out for summer, do it then." Then I sit on my butt and watch TV or check blogs. 

I don't know how people work year-round without a long break. Seriously, how do you do it??

It was taco night tonight in our little house, and I made sure that I added mushrooms to the taco meat, because I know The Mister loves it. I haven't done that in awhile so I thought he would say something about how he likes the mushrooms, about how great of a wife I am... ANYTHING. What did he say? Nada. Zilch. Even when I pointed them out, he said, "yeah, I've had it lots of times. My mom does it." Boo Mister. Boo.

What are you confessing this week?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sound just like me. I didn't check out a library book for over a year because I felt embarrassed about my late fee.

And there are more than a few students I won't miss after this year! Lol