Friday, June 1, 2012

Obsess much?

In my last obsessions post, I declared my love of TOMS and my dilemma on choosing a pair. I went with basic black and I puffy heart love them. Now I am obsessively checking the shipping status on my chocolate brown pair that will be coming any day now.
I am on a pinning spree of skirt sewing tutorials. I don't know what makes me think I can sew well enough to make an actual wearable clothing item, but I have purchased the materials for two skirts that I need to make. Now.
high waisted skirt tutorial
Pinned Here

So You Think You Can Dance. I look forward to it every summer. We're (do you like how I am now a part if the show) still in auditions but the real obsession starts when we get to Vegas.

I have a new coffee obsession: white chocolate macadamia nut. Yum.

Summer. I still have 2 full weeks of work left, but I can't stop daydreaming about how I will spend my days. (I apologize to the non-teachers out there. I don't know what I would do without my summer break)

What are you obsessing over lately?

I'm linking up with Sara at Saige Wisdom

4 comments:

Randalin @ Harvesting Kale said...

I love my Toms! I have the black pair too (my first pair) and now I think I'm ready to mix it up and go for a colour - red, maybe? I need something bright!

emily said...

What a cute skirt!! I wish I could sew.

Sara K said...

Can you believe I don't own a pair of Toms yet?! Saige has 3 pairs and I have zip :( I actually learned that the youth sizes are fit big so I tried on a youth 7 and it almost fit my ladies 9 feet... same shoe for a fraction of the price, HECK YES! I agree with Randalin... a red pair would be nice, but I'm not opposed to some a bit more funky.
Have you been watching the SYTYCD auditions? was that 2 year old not the cutest?! and the mom was my age!! We'll talk more once "hell week" begins.
Thanks for linking up dawling ;)

Rachel said...

If it gives you any encouragement, I just sewed my first "wearable" project two weeks after I got my sewing machine--without any instruction or knowledge of sewing other than online tutorials and my machine's manual. It was a high waisted skirt similar to the one you have pinned--so if it was easy enough for me, I'm sure yours will turn out great!