Friday, March 9, 2012

Seriously, I'm ok...

I know, I know, I dropped off the face of the earth.. or blogland (same diff...) I got sick y'all. Not like hospital sick or anything, but sicker than I have been in a long time. Sick enough that all I wanted to do was sleep. Sunday I was sneezing and sniffling and went to bed at 7 pm. I went to work Monday but felt like this
Tuesday I woke up with a terrible head cold, and I was all kinds of nauseous so I decided to take the morning off. The nausea went away and I went in at lunch.

The next day I felt even worse, but I had convinced myself I had to come in to work because of an assembly that was supposed to happen on Thursday. My principal saw me before first period, told me I was too sick to be at work and moved the assembly (I'm in charge of and run all of the spirit assemblies at my school) to later in the month so I could go home and stop worrying and get healing. I went to the dentist (there was a real gross thing happening on the roof of my mouth) and he didn't necessarily think it was dental related, but the infection was somehow probably related to my sickness. He gave me some antibiotics and those have cleared up the gross thing. (I don't know how to explain it except that it was a swollen puffy part on the roof of my mouth. I thought it might have had something to do with my root canal I had 4 months ago, but he didn't think so.)

Thursday I did go to work, and drank about a gallon of hot tea throughout the day. My kiddos were already supposed to be watching a video so I thought I could handle it. It was also the last day of the grading period so I wanted to be there to get as much done on my grades as I could. I ended up leaving work a bit early (my prep period is the last period of the day) because I was just soooo tired. I went home and slept for pretty much the rest of the evening.

Today (Friday) was a half day grading day, and I am feeling better. (Like 75%) My hubby is working super late tonight. Usually on nights like this I make a point to hang out with one of my girl friends, but they are all either suuuuper pregnant or have an infant so I don't want to risk getting anyone sick. I did a little sewing (post coming soon!) and more relaxing. Hopefully I will be back to feeling like myself again by the end of the weekend!

How are you all doing?

Oh and when some women at work heard I was nauseous in the morning they somehow convinced me that I was pregnant so while I was waiting for my prescription to be filled, I went over to the lab at the doctors office and had a pee test done. And no, I am not pregnant.

1 comment:

Sara K {SaigeWisdom} said...

I was about the send out the search party ;) I totally empathize... we got sick back in early Feb and I'm STILL recovering... I started worrying "what if I'm just getting old?" - my 'older' girlfriends always complain they have no energy and that's me to a T these days. Glad to see you're still alive and blogging.