Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Midweek Confessions



1.Just to warn you, I'm going to start with something knd of "heavy" for mid-week confessions (feel free to skip to #2): I get jealous. Not of other ladies and my hubby, but of other people's lives: their stuff, their babies, their houses etc. I know that there are other things going on that I don't see in their lives, but I sometimes I get  upset that my life isn't more like someone else's or where I think I should be or what I should have. I try to remind myself of this amazing blog post, and I also remind myself of all the great things in my life. I know I am not the only one who struggles with this. End of "heavy" confession.

2. Guess who made the "hot teacher" list. Me! The list was found in a desk in an 8th grade English class. My confession is that this was probably the highlight of my school year week. I figure I only have a couple years left where I can make a list like that so I will just enjoy the fact I was on it.

3. I didn't really blog at all last week because of the sickness that made it so I didn't want to get out of bed, much less try to write out a complete sentence, so I didn't post my confessions. When I was feeling better this weekend, I did go through and read some of the posts that were linked up, but I felt funny about it, like I didn't pay my admission to the show or something.

4. I was kind of bummed my pillow post hasn't gotten the comments feedback like I thought it would. The Mister even called me out on looking at my stats after I posted it. You know that is bad when the hubby calls you out.

5. On Tuesday, it was supposed to snow hard enough that we might have a snow day or delay,and I prayed that we would have a full regular day. My prayers came true. I have not taught a full 5 day week in weeks now (that counts my being sick, holidays, budget cut days, grading days etc), and I totally notice a difference in my students behavior on "weird" weeks. I just really needed some normalcy in my classroom. Especially since spring break starts next week. Oy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow the hot teacher list! I would feel pretty good about myself too if I were you, especially considering kids can be brutally honest. So jealous of your spring break next week. Ours isn't until the first week of April.

Brandy said...

I've been doing the same thing on my Pinterest Challenge Post! It's kind of strange to me that I've had way fewer hits with this one than other (much smaller) link parties. Oh well, it was still a fun project and you left me a comment so I'm going to count it as a win :)

E said...

1. I can TOTALLY relate to #1. Thanks for sharing and being vulnerable... It is true for SO many of us!

2. I'm totally impressed by the "hot teacher" list. I think I blew my chances when I was pregnant (and 50 pounds heavier) last year... Somehow that's not "hot." ??

3. How dare you pray against snow! That is totally against teacher code! ;)

Glad you are feeling better and joined in this week!

Ashley said...

I find myself constantly wishing for what others have. Then I remind myself I'm wishing for "things" that are fleeting. It's hard to always be content.

Kimberly said...

I am guilty of #1. It's really hard to count your blessings - and we have so many of them. For me, right now, it's everyone getting married and having babies or buying a house. I've been with my BF for almost 4 years and he still has yet to pop "the question," so how am I suppose to move on with all of those other things that I want (babies, house, etc). But then I have to remind myself that I have a great man in my life, who loves me, and all of the other things will follow in the right time.

Laura said...

I think we all have a little bit of #1 in us. Is it human nature to want what you can't (or, in this case - don't) have? Keep shining girl, at lease you're one of the 'hot teachers' haha!!!

Happy Weekend.
xo, Laura

Bech and Marley Evans said...

I think everyone struggles with #1. And blogs (in which people mostly just talk about the good in their lives) don't help! But yay for making the hot teachers list!