Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Goals

I don't remember the last time I made a New Year's resolution. Obviously I read plenty of blogs, and it's no surprise that a lot of them right now are focused on resolutions for 2012. While I don't "do" resolutions, I do "do" goals. I like the idea of concrete goals for the year. Taking some inspiration from Newlywoodwards I have decided to write some goals for this new year, using her categories that she used for her 2011 goals. You may recognize some of these from my unfinished 30 before 30 list.

enjoy
Go on a big vacation. Go on a little vacation. Go to 3 new places in Oregon. Read 12 books for fun. Get a make over.
create
Learn to sew. Make one thing a month. Give some homemade gifts.
home
Finish painting the house. Install flooring. Get on a regular cleaning schedule.  Put up shelves in kitchen. Put up something on our walls in the living room (gallery wall?). Do something with the "entry."
cook
Make a new recipe every month. Learn how to can. Take a cooking class.
save
Put 10% of my paycheck into savings each month. Get a CD through our credit union. "Want" purchases of more than $20 go on a 30 day wait list.
health
Train for and complete the Rock-n-Roll Half in May. Get a massage. Work out 12-15 times a month
misc.
Send thank-you notes and birthday cards regularly. Finish changing my name. Take Gus to a dog class.

No comments: