Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What are you pinterested in??

I love pinterest. There I said it. At first when I started hearing about it around blogland and seeing a couple FB friends "pinning," I wasn't sure. So, I decided to check it out. I had to ask for an invite before I could start looking around and using it, and then I had to wait. I do not like waiting. I had these fears that the pinterest people wouldn't think I was cool enough to be a part of the cool people's club. But then I got the email welcoming me to pinterest and explaining how to start.

I have tried to explain pinterest to a couple people, since it is still fairly new. (By the way, I feel so cool that I am "in the know" about something.) If you don't know what it is, basically it's like "liking" things on facebook but a thousand times better. Back in the day, before Pinterest, I would add webpages to my favorites if I found a cool thing for a Christmas present, or I would save a picture from the Internet to a folder on my hard drive. This was fine, except it wasn't really organized and sometimes I would forget about it. It was also a pretty solo activity, unless I emailed someone about what I found. With Pinterest, I put them on boards I can create/name AND when you click on the picture, it links you to the original post. So you can have a picture of yarn balls, name it "yarn balls tutorial" and then be able to go to that page when I am ready to make my yarn balls. (I am really excited about this yarn ball wreath that I pinned for Christmas time!) And, I can share what I am doing with all of my followers. And, people I don't know. (I'm not really sure how that works, but man do I love seeing everyone else's pins.)

I have been on Pinterest for about a month. And for that month,  I have been hooked. I love seeing what other people are pinning and sharing cool things I have found as well. I have found a ton of things that I want to do, (pet silhouette anyone??) and I try to pin frequently so I can be sharing things as well. Then the coolest thing happened, (well it is cool to me) someone I don't know repinned one of my ideas. That just made my day!

Have you joined Pinterest yet? You should follow me there and here!

No comments: