Sunday, November 13, 2011

#8: Go vegan for a week (day 1)

Day one down of my vegan experiment.  The hardest part was during dinner, for two reasons. First, the Mister decided to use his Traeger and grill today. This was good and bad. Bad, because I love when he grills chicken, but good because he made me a yummy baked potato and grilled zucchini. The other bad part was that I REALLY wanted a glass of milk. The Mister had a delicious-looking glass of milk sitting right next to me and I just wanted to drink it.

Source
Today's Meals
Breakfast:
  • Oatmeal with dried peaches, cinnamon, & brown sugar (B-) I made the oatmeal with water, and I think I cooked it too long so it was kind of pastey, but the stuff I added to it was tasty
Lunch/Dinner:
  • Traeger Baked Potato: Potato covered with Cajun spice, margarine, and mustard-wrapped in foil and put on the Traeger for about an hour (A) Yummy! The Mister had one too and we will be making this one again.
  • Grilled Zucchini: yum (A++++) This is a Traeger staple in this house
Snacks:
  • Handful of peanuts
  • Vegan Snickerdoodles: (B+) These cookies were soft and chewy, just the way I like my snickerdoodles. Overall, they were a nice treat. The Mister said "I guess they're good, for the limitations." He's cute.
  • Raspberry-Pomegranate Tea

No comments: