Monday, May 6, 2013

I think I got sick this weekend

This weekend I came down with a serious illness. So far I am just self diagnosing, but I am pretty sure I followed the WebMd flow charts correctly.
Source
I think I have a full fledged case of summeritis.

My "weekend" (sort of) started on Thursday night when I hosted my bunco group. We were able to play out on the deck, drink sangria and laugh. The weather was warm enough and it stayed light. We finished around 9:00.  That was some of the first signs of summeritis.
Friday I had to work, but it was a grading day, so we didn't have students and I got to GO to lunch. (sushi, by the way.) Friday night my husband and I had a little date night. Going out to lunch? Sitting outside doing paperwork? More signs of summeritis.

Saturday was when my symptoms started to get severe. I thought of something to help relieve some of my suffering. We woke up and packed a picnic lunch. I packed up my bright blue beach bag (which hasn't gotten a lot of use lately) and drove out to Pacific City. It was 83 at the Oregon coast. That is pretty much unheard of most of the time.Women were laying out in bathing suits, children were playing in the ocean. We ate our lunch, read, played in the surf, and just hung out.

Summeritis was in full force on Sunday. We invited friends over, grilled, and ate outside. I really don't think my summeritis will be cured anytime soon.
7 Day
Source
From what I have read about summeritis, I will be suffering for about 6 more weeks.

In other news, we start our last 6 week grading period today!
How was your weekend? Any tips for getting rid of summeritis? (Or at least how to deal with it while I am still at work)


11 comments:

Erika said...

HAAA!! I love that diagram. It is SO true. Also...dang you have a lot of school left. Maybe you should teach in Georgia? Our kids have like 8 days left. :) Just FYI!!! ;)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I would love to have summers off, but I don't have the patience to be a teacher. I never did.

Erin said...

I think I have it toO!

Angi said...

83* on the coast!? You didn't have to wear a coat the entire time, fighting the icy wind!? I'm shocked...haha!

I feel you on summeritis. We're going to San Diego next weekend and I already know I'm not going to want to leave. I checked the temperature for the next few days there...66. That might as well be 90 to me.

Jen said...

Haha that flow chart cracks me up! I always self diagnose when I'm sick and death is always the proposed end result hshs.

Lauren said...

Hahah this flow chart is perfect, especially as I sit on my couch surrounded by tissues and cups of tea!

Kristin said...

It's like, I want to teach...but mean, you couldn't pay me to go back to that school now that I've left.

I'm sorry you have summeritis. Only a few more weeks...

Maybe if it randomly snows again, it'll knock the summeritis out of you.

Becky Dougherty said...

If you find the cure for summeritis, please let me know because I'm suffering, too.

The Babbling Box said...

Stopping by from This Is Monday link up, I loved your summeritis comments! After spending time outside the last two weekends I am right there with you. I kept calling it senioritis but I like yours better.

The Babbling Box!

Rachel said...

Summeritis, totally a thing! I only have 13 days left, don't be too jealous!

Alison said...

YES! Summeritis is in FULL force around here. All of this incredibly nice weather is NOT helping. I can't wait for it and I hope it's just as awesome as last summer. Here's to the next month and half! :)